How is your CA foundation result? What was your strategy for the exams?

 How is your CA foundation result? What was your strategy for the exams?

Shit…I barely remember that. But this was an answer request and I’ll try to answer it. Non-CA aspirants should probably move on, there are no jokes today (but we do have a stickman.) All I feel is sadness, will probably cry for an hour after writing this.

#Sundays_were_supposed_to_be_fun


I gave my CA Foundation back in November 2018. Had my results probably by February 2019.

This here’s the scorecard. And I don’t have proof but I secured AIR 17.

Here's how people reacted.

EDIT: Found one.

(And don't stalk the other nice people, it would have been a pretty daunting task to censor everybody's names.)


I joined my coaching in June 2018 and had my concepts cleared. I relied on ICAI material for studying, though.

Accountancy: There’s this great way to learn from your mistakes. Pay full attention to the first sum that is taught and then start doing the subsequent questions by yourself. If you commit mistakes in the initial stages you’ll form a stronger base. Most of the chapters are the same from 12th-grade accountancy, so it shouldn’t be any problem.

Law: There's absolutely no better way to prepare for Law by understanding it once and then doing multiple revisions. Call it old-school but I’m yet to find a better way to do it.

English: Wait, did we have a different name for this subject? Business something? Chuck that, it’s nothing more than glorified grammar. Never had a problem with it. If you do have any problems, try and remember the formats of subjective questions, you’ll at least score something. Not great advice, I know.

Math and Stats: Take a note from the accountancy tip and also make a separate notebook for all formulas. Just go through the note an hour or two before you appear for your exams.

Economics and Business Something (what, again?): Economics is again pretty much the same as 12th grade, brush up on your concepts a couple of times. And you absolutely don’t have to remember each and every line. And I don’t remember much about the other one but it was definitely easier than Economics, just basic things about various business structures and business terms.


"It's darkest just before the dawn"

*rides off, on his scooter, into the sunset*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated?

Is it okay to start practice immediately after clearing the CA final? I have done my articleship in my home town where I want to open my own firm.

What will be the salary of a CA plus CFA?