What should be the schedule of a CA student?

What should be the schedule of a CA student?

The answer to this question is very subjective and shall vary for every other person. As you see, what is 9 for a person maybe a 6 for the other.

However, there are a few points that I consider while studying such as:

  • Strategic plan: I used to prepare 2 plans: Long term and Short term. Long term setting up targets for up to a month and short term means daily. I used to plan out things in such a way that I master at subjects which are my strengths and work hard on subjects which are my weaknesses.
  • Draw out a time table: Some people prefer studying all day and some can study all night. So, I prepared a time table as when to wake up, study, do other activities, sleep etc. I made a time table on a large sheet and put it up on my study table.
  • Avoid social media: Avoid social media and social life to a great extent as people near you may start affecting you. For this I had kept in my mom’s custody who surely didn’t allow me to touch my phone unless it was necessary.
  • Do exercise: Seems very unusual but trust me it helps you to a great extent. It helps you stay active, concentrate on your work and sit for longer hours. I had included a slot for the same in my time table itself so that I skip it for any reason.
  • Keep yourself motivated: You should keep yourself motivated but at the same time avoid motivational videos from the social media sites. You know you can be your best motivator.
  • Revise: Revising things from time to time helps you boost your confidence. I recommend PREPCA’s Test Series, you can choose any you prefer just make sure they help you track your progress and provide answer-wise detailed analysis report.
  • Never give up: Consistency is the key ingredient in this profession. You may be tired, may feel like giving up but then just think “Why did you start in the first place?”.

So, one may study 5 subjects a day or one may study just a subject or two in a day. But in the end, all that matters is how well you handle it.

Happy Studying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated?

Is it okay to start practice immediately after clearing the CA final? I have done my articleship in my home town where I want to open my own firm.

What will be the salary of a CA plus CFA?