What work was given to you on your first, second and third day of a CA articleship?

What work was given to you on your first, second and third day of a CA articleship?

Hi.

My first day was quite good to be honest. I had met with an accident the previous week, so I went into the firm will all the dressing. Everybody seemed to be genuinely concerned (little did I know). I was sent to a credit audit along with my senior. She was a nice person, who tried to put terms into my baffled head, like MSOD, Sanction letter and I felt mera life katham ho gaya yaar. The best part of my day was when we went out to eat some snack and then left home.

The second day, the work was reviewed by the principal. She started asking me questions to which, till date I swear I have no answer. I was pretty sure they'd chuck me out of the office very soon, because of how dumb I looked. (I never went to a credit audit after that)

The third day, I was sent to a stock and book debts audit. Honestly, I just felt like I didn't belong there, because there she was, my senior, rattling the client with all her questions and here I was, standing next to her, not knowing what the hell I'm supposed to do. It was like all my CA dreams shattering in front my eyes, because of my hopelessness in that situation.

Pretty much a good experience, considering I'm still pursuing CA, after all those nerve wracking moments when the client came up to me and asked me to explain what my senior was telling him, because he didn't understand. All I wanted to tell him was 'Hifi bro!'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated?

Is it okay to start practice immediately after clearing the CA final? I have done my articleship in my home town where I want to open my own firm.

What will be the salary of a CA plus CFA?