Who is the highest paid Chartered Accountant?

This one is a fairly tricky question. Just like questions in our CA exams. Highest paid is a rather ambiguous term. Highest salaried CA? Highest earning CA ? Richest CA? It can be anything.


I ll try to answer all of the above. Though I must say I can't be certain. As people do best to hide their real incomes and let's face it these people are highly paid because they can hide other people's income well. So they might surely have hidden their real income as well.


Let's start with the lowest earning CAs of those three categories.



1.Highest salary - Big 4 of the top paying firms for chartered accountant. Associate Director/Senior Manager is their highest salaried position. So these people must be the highest paid. Apart from the big 4 firms like BDO and BMR are also known to be high payers. Also the top CEOs/CFOs of some top companies are CAs even they have heavy pays. Companies like Hindustan Unilever are Known to have the highest paid CAs on their payroll. Even RIL is known to be a high payer.

2.Highest earning CAs - This list has the highest level of uncertainty. Practicing CAs have a lot to hide and it's easier for them to hide it as well. But the easiest guess would be the partners of the big 4. Also the internal audit firm partners Mahajan & Aibara are also very successful CAs. ANB associates have a huge practice, owing a lot to their dynamic partner. Again these are just guesses nothing can be known for certain.

3.Richest CA - This one I can answer with a 100% certainty. So apart from salary and practice. Many CAs start their own ventures/industries. If these 3 categories are compared as a whole then this category would be the richest. And the leader of this category is none other than CA Kumarmangalam Birla. He must be the richest CA alive.


Disclaimer: it is unethical for a CA to name his own CA firm under clause 7 of schedule 1 of the code of ethics. The code doesn't apply to me as i am not a CA YET. Nor does any of the firms named above belong to me or any of my relative. Though I sincerely wish they did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is the Chartered Accountancy course overrated?

What will be the salary of a CA plus CFA?

Is it okay to start practice immediately after clearing the CA final? I have done my articleship in my home town where I want to open my own firm.